(Note: Psychological consults are meant for non-life threatening crisis.)
A psychological consult can help address an immediate problem, conflict, or crisis and provide recommendations for immediate implementation.
A psychological consult can help organize and plan an effective strategy to help advance a case forward. It helps move the ball down the field. It can assist in a complex case in many ways including:
- Review all records and pertinent information and provide guidance on how to clearly define the clinical issues, problems, and treatment goals.
- After review, provide direction on any further testing or evaluative processes required to make an effective decision and advance the case.
- Resolve diagnostic dilemmas.
- Examine why psychological treatment has not been effective and provide recommendations for changes to improve efficacy and outcomes.
- Help organize and utilize what resources are available for cost effective treatment and progress.